The aforementioned LinkedIn is also a star so far. Based on Wednesday's closing price of $77.45, the stock is up 72% since pricing its $353 million offering at $45 per share. The business-oriented social networking company originally expected to come to market in the $34 range, so the underwriters did boost the price in the face of heavy institutional demand, but it seems they still left a hefty amount of money on the table.
After flying as high as $122, the stock has obviously come back to earth a bit but 70%-plus appreciation is hard to complain about in such a short stretch. There was a good amount of speculation that the opening of options trading a week after the stock's debut would take a toll but the shares are holding up fairly well, given the action in the broader market.
It's also worth noting that the company has already telegraphed that it's going to lose money in the current fiscal year, so it's possible that some investors could look to book gains if LinkedIn 's first quarter as a public company is awash in red ink.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV