Meal Snap just might be our favorite new iPhone app -- snap a photo of your meal and the app will tell you how many calories are in it.We were shocked to find out how accurate the app is. We photographed a variety of foods, from salads to fortune cookies to the British candies, Maltesers -- Meal Snap identified everything correctly an gave us an approximate calorie range for one serving of the meal. Once the app has identified a food and calorie count, users can rate its accuracy. They can also share their findings on Twitter, Facebook and Foursquare, view estimated calories for the whole day and categorize meals into breakfast, lunch and dinner. Our only gripe? We wish MealSnap told us exactly how many serving sizes were included in the food we photographed. --Written by Olivia Oran in New York.
>To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/Ozoran. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV