Tompkins Financial Corporation (TMP–NYSE Amex) - Tompkins Financial Corporation has announced the acquisition of Olver & Associates Insurance, Inc. of Ithaca by Tompkins Insurance Agencies, Inc., effective June 1, 2011.
Of the acquisition, Tompkins Financial President and CEO Stephen S. Romaine said, “We are very pleased to have Olver & Associates join our team. This move brings more valued customers into the expanded Tompkins Financial family in central New York, so that we can continue to improve their experience and meet their needs through our comprehensive array of financial services.”
According to Tompkins Insurance President and CEO David S. Boyce, as part of the acquisition, owner Neil Olver will now serve as senior vice president and on the leadership team of Tompkins Insurance. He will continue to focus on new business, as well as managing current customer accounts. His wife, Lisa Olver, will continue in her role as commercial lines account manager. Olver’s additional three employees will be retained in the merger. They will continue to operate out of their current location, 414 East Upland Road, until a move to Tompkins’ 1051 Craft Road office, which is tentatively scheduled for August 1.
“Neil Olver brings a wealth of experience and a strong history in the Ithaca marketplace, with his more than 25 years in the industry,” said Boyce. “This is a fantastic addition to our team. I’m excited that this acquisition will not only further solidify our presence in Central NY, but it will also enhance our ability to grow our business in Ithaca with the addition of another proven talent to the organization.”Olver has decades of experience, including working with insurance carriers as well as in agency capacities, before opening his own agency in 1998. He and his staff will complement the team of professional advisors at Tompkins, Boyce said.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV