H&Q Life Sciences Investors (NYSE: HQL) (the “Fund”) announced today the preliminary results of its tender offer to acquire up to 35% of its outstanding shares (“Shares”) for cash at a price equal to 98% of the Fund’s net asset value per share as of the close of regular trading on the New York Stock Exchange on the business day immediately following the day the offer expires (the “Tender Offer”). The Tender Offer expired at 11:59 p.m., Eastern time, on May 31, 2011.
Based on current information, approximately 11,547,395.4354 Shares, or approximately 52% of the Fund’s Shares outstanding, were tendered through the expiration date. Because the number of Shares tendered exceeds 35% of the outstanding Shares, the Fund will purchase properly tendered Shares pro-rata based on the number of Shares properly tendered by each shareholder. Shareholders cannot be assured that all of their tendered Shares will be purchased by the Fund.
No more than 7,796,312 properly tendered Shares will be accepted for cash payment at a price equal to 98% of the Fund’s NAV as of the close of regular trading on the New York Stock Exchange on June 1, 2011. The final number of Shares validly tendered and accepted pursuant to the Tender Offer will be announced at a later date.
H&Q Life Sciences Investors is a closed-end fund that invests in public and private companies in the life sciences industry. Hambrecht & Quist Capital Management LLC, based in Boston, serves as Investment Adviser to the Fund. Shares of the Fund can be purchased on the New York Stock Exchange through any securities broker.For more information about H&Q Life Sciences Investors, please visit www.hqcm.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV