Quantum Corporation Stock Upgraded (QTM)
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed compared to the Computers & Peripherals industry average, but is greater than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 62.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$4.37 million to -$1.65 million.
- QUANTUM CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. Stable earnings per share over the past year indicate the company has sound management over its earnings and share float. However, the consensus estimates suggest that there will be an upward trend in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, QUANTUM CORP's EPS of $0.02 remained unchanged from the prior years' EPS of $0.02. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.21 versus $0.02).
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $23.41 million or 27.90% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow of 27.90%, QUANTUM CORP is still growing at a significantly lower rate than the industry average of 158.73%.
- Regardless of the somewhat mixed results with the debt-to-equity ratio, the company's quick ratio of 0.94 is weak.
- The revenue growth significantly trails the industry average of 72.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 0.4%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.