EZU boasts heavy exposure to troubled nations such as Spain, Italy, and Portugal. However, with Germany and France headlining the geographic breakdown, the fund may be able to offset some of the region's volatility.
iShares Dow Jones Transportation Average Index Fund (IYT)
Rising energy prices have been on the minds of many as they prepare for the summer travel season. Interestingly, however, oil's ascension has had only limited effect on the companies underlying the Dow Jones Transportation Index so far.
Over the most recent three month period, IYT has managed to outpace the broader SPDR Dow Jones Industrial Average ETF (DIA) by a comfortable margin.Although the impact has been limited so far, it will be interesting to see if energy prices will affect the plane, train, and delivery industry as summer presses on. IYT's performance may also provide investors with insight into the state of the consumer. Companies like Delta (DAL), FedEx (FDX) and Union Pacific (UNP) will benefit as individuals take to the rails, sea, and sky. First Trust Dow Jones Internet Index Fund (FDN) The Internet industry will be on investors' minds over the next few months as they attempt to profit from the hot social media industry. Following the successful IPOs of LinkedIn (LNKD) and Yandex (YNDX), many have begun to question whether we are in the midst of a new Internet bubble. This debate will continue to rage in the months ahead as the markets seek to uncover clues regarding the futures of Zynga, Twitter, and Facebook. FDN is an attractive, well-diversified product for investors looking to access the Internet's popularity. Rather than exposing investors to volatile, newly IPOed firms like LinkedIn, this fund combines exposure to weathered online veterans including Google (GOOG) and Amazon (AMZN). Written by Don Dion in Williamstown, Mass.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV