- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 142.85% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 65.57% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Looking ahead, however, we cannot assume that the stock's past performance is going to drive future results. Quite to the contrary, its sharp appreciation over the last year is one of the factors that should prompt investors to seek better opportunities elsewhere.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, CAVIUM NETWORKS INC has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- CAVM's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.03 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, CAVM has a quick ratio of 2.08, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- CAVM's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 0.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 52.7%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
TheStreet Ratings Upgrades & Downgrades
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.