AXA Equitable Introduces Structured Capital Strategies(SM) ADV For Fee-Based Advisors
NEW YORK, May 31, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company announced today the introduction of Structured Capital Strategies(SM) ADV, a product designed for fee-based advisors who are seeking equity and commodity index-linked growth potential for their clients with some downside protection. The product is available to fee-based advisors. It is initially being launched through Commonwealth Financial Network, the nation's largest, privately-held independent broker-dealer and Registered Investment Adviser.
Structured Capital Strategies ADV's main feature is its Structured Investment Option that allows clients to participate in the performance of equity and commodity indices up to a cap and with a downside buffer. The built-in buffer protects the initial negative 10, 20 or 30 percent of loss in index value, depending on the investment option makeup. The downside buffer works in tandem with a Performance Cap Rate on the upside market potential. For the June 15, 2011 S&P 500 Index 1-year investment option, for example, a client would have downside protection for the first 10 percent of any loss with a minimum 10 percent cap on the investment upside.
"Structured Capital Strategies ADV represents a unique, tax-deferred option for investors who are seeking an acceptable risk-reward balance," said Nick Lane, president of the Retirement Savings division at AXA Equitable. "This product, introduced through our partnership with Commonwealth Financial Network, gives fee-based advisors a new way to help shield their clients from some loss and ease them into investing for growth."
Investment options in Structured Capital Strategies ADV include linked participation in the following equity and commodity indices, with 15 different segment types in durations of 1, 3 and 5 years:
- S&P 500® Price Return Index
- Russell 2000® Price Return Index
- MSCI EAFE Price Return Index
- Gold Index - London Gold Market Fixing Ltd. PM Fix Price/USD. For IRA accounts only
- Oil Index - NYMEX West Texas Intermediate Crude Oil Generic Front Month Futures. For IRA accounts only.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV