NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Analysts' consensus estimate polled by Bloomberg, projects potential upside of 21% to 56% for these stocks. Based on positive company developments and favorable earnings, analysts have assigned significant buy and hold ratings for these stocks.
6. Plains Exploration & Production (PXP), an independent oil and gas company, engages in the upstream oil and gas business. The company operates in the U.S. and owns oil and gas properties onshore and offshore California, the Gulf Coast, the mid-continent region and the Rocky Mountains.
Of the 17 analysts covering the stock, 71% recommend a buy and the remaining rate a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the stock to gain an average 21% to $44.14 in the next 12 months.
For its first quarter of 2011, the company recorded ROE of 3.1% and $6.5 in cash flow per share. Net income for the quarter came in at $70.98 million or 49 cents per share, compared to $58.53 million or 41 cents per share in the year-ago quarter. Revenue increased to $430.31 million vs. $384.05 million in first quarter of 2010.
Up ahead, the company expects full year 2011 cash margin of more than 25% compared to the first quarter of 2010 and a 30% increase from the full year 2010 average. These estimates are based on the current crude oil price outlook and improved crude oil differentials. The company's CEO adds that full year operational growth objectives are on track with average daily sales ranging between 95,000 and 100,000 barrels of oil equivalent.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV