That would be a great relief for summer vacationers, but the question is, will it?
After coming out of a semi-balloon type of busting of oil prices in the past few weeks, it would be more likely that markets would take that break and continue to trade sideways, if not move lower, for the next several weeks and even months. Still, both Goldman Sachs (GS) and Morgan Stanley (MS), the two strongest and most influential oil traders in the world, have put positive, bullish research notes out on crude oil in the past two weeks.
They both call for higher prices in the next 12 months, with the proviso that, near term, there could still be more moderating that could take place. Their "doomsday" scenarios of $120, $130 and even $150 crude prices won't happen for sure until the last quarter of this year and going into 2012 and even 2013, they say.
So if they're right, this really is a summer to savor -- even with pump prices that will likely hover more than 70 cents higher than last year. Compared to what's to come in the summers ahead, according to the trading "experts," this summer's gas prices are going to look relatively cheap.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV