The BlackRock Healthcare Institutional Fund (MAHCX), with $349 million in assets, is up 18% this year and 33% over the past 12 months. The fund holds 60 stocks and has 96% annual turnover. It has 25% of its assets in the top 10 holdings.
Robert Hodgson has managed the fund since 1998.WebMD Health (WBMD), 6% of the fund and its largest holding, is down 6.4% this year. It runs one of the most popular online destinations for health-related content. Its primary businesses are specialized Web sites that provide health information to consumers and health-care professionals, and it develops and runs private Web sites for health-care providers. They generate 85% of its revenue through ads and sponsorships. Warner Chilcott (WCRX) is the fund's second-largest position at 6%. It sports a return of 6.5% this year. The company markets women's health and gastroenterology products, including hormonal oral contraceptives. Vertex Pharmaceuticals (VRTX), at 5.9%, is the third-biggest fund holding. It is up 58.6% this year. WellPoint (WLP) is 4.3% of the fund and has returned 36.6% this year. It is the largest U.S. health insurer by medical membership, serving 34 million people. The company holds the exclusive license to the Blue Cross/Blue Shield names in 14 states. >>To see these stocks in action, visit the 3 Top Funds' Best Stock Picks portfolio on Stockpickr.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV