3. Evergreen Energy (EEE)
Company Profile: Evergreen Energy is a so-called cleaner-coal company.On Jan. 5, Evergreen was granted an extension by the NYSE Arca to regain compliance with listing rules regarding minimum bid price and market value of publicly traded shares. By March 3, Evergreen regained compliance with the listing standards. The stock hit a 52-week high shortly after the company completed a $16 million private placement of common stock. Shares pulled back, though, after Evergreen posted financial results for 2010. Revenue for the year fell to $403,000 from $423,000 in 2009. Current Share Price: $1.88 (May 27) 2011 Total Return: 189% Analyst Ratings: No research firm has coverage of Evergreen Energy. In addition, TheStreet Ratings doesn't follow the stock.
2. Capital Trust (CT) Company Profile: Capital Trust is a finance- and investment-management company that specializes in credit-sensitive structured financial products. The company is focused on the commercial real estate industry. The stock spiked in April after Capital Trust announced a debt restructuring deal, which was financed by a new $83 million mezzanine loan provided by an affiliate of Five Mile Capital Partners. Current Share Price: $4.72 (May 27) 2011 Total Return: 204% Analyst Ratings: There are no analysts following Capital Trust. TheStreet Ratings has a "sell" rating on the stock, which it has maintained for two years. The latest report highlights Capital Trust's "feeble growth in its earnings per share, deteriorating net income and weak operating cash flow."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV