5. Authentidate Holding (ADAT)
Company Profile: Authentidate provides software applications and Web-based services for businesses.The surge in Authentidate's stock started in early April after the company completed the sale of its wholly owned subsidiary, Authentidate International AG, to Switzerland's Exceet Group AG. The transaction yielded net cash proceeds of $1.3 million. During the second half of April, the Department of Veteran Affairs, Ameri-Quipt and Superior Oxygen & Medical Equipment selected Authentidate's services. Current Share Price: $1.12 (May 27) 2011 Total Return: 151% Analyst Ratings: C.K. Cooper & Co. is the lone firm with research coverage on Authentidate, rating the stock "buy" with a $2 price target. TheStreet Ratings has a "sell" rating on the stock, which it has maintained for two years. The latest report on Authentidate highlights the company's "deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and feeble growth in its earnings per share."
4. Dynatronics (DYNT) Company Profile: Dynatronics makes medicine and aesthetic products used by physical therapists, chiropractors, sports-medicine practitioners, podiatrists and physicians. In March, Dynatronics announced that it signed a contract with FirstChoice Cooperative, the third group-purchasing-organization contract the company signed in two months. In April, the company regained compliance with the Nasdaq's listing requirements, as the stock climbed above $1 a share to satisfy the minimum bid price requirement. Current Share Price: $1.60 (May 27) 2011 Total Return: 154% Analyst Ratings: No research firm currently follows Dynatronics. TheStreet Ratings has a "hold" rating on the stock after upgrading from "sell" on Sept. 30, 2009. The latest report notes the company's "revenue growth, solid stock price performance and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures." However, those strengths are countered by disappointing return on equity.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV