9. TeamStaff (TSTF)
Company Profile: TeamStaff provides staffing services to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs and other U.S. governmental entities.Once on the Nasdaq's chopping block for falling out of compliance with listing requirements, TeamStaff has seen its stock rebound sharply this month after the company said its first-quarter net loss shrank substantially from a year earlier. The company also announced that it was awarded the Department of Veterans Affairs' Consolidated Mail Outpatient Pharmacy program. Work is expected to begin on July 1 and continue for up to five years, the company said. Current Share Price: $1.18 (May 27) 2011 Total Return: 131% Analyst Ratings: There are currently no research analysts covering TeamStaff. TheStreet Ratings has a "sell" rating on the stock, which it has maintained for two years. The latest report highlights TeamStaff's multiple weaknesses, "such as its disappointing return on equity, poor profit margins and weak operating cash flow."
8. Interphase (INPH) Company Profile: Interphase is a telecom-equipment maker. The company provides services for LTE and WiMAX, interworking gateways, packet processing, network connectivity, and security for key applications for the communications and enterprise markets. Interphase shares more than doubled on Feb. 11, a day after the company reported fourth-quarter financial results. The company said revenue in the quarter jumped 24% to $5.8 million as it swung to a quarterly profit. The stock hit a high of $7.59 in March but has been steadily pulling back since. Current Share Price: $4.22 (May 27) 2011 Total Return: 134% Analyst Ratings: There are no research firms covering Interphase currently. TheStreet Ratings has a "sell" rating on the stock, which it has maintained since downgrading the stock from "hold" in July 2009. The latest report calls attention to Interphase's "feeble growth in its earnings per share."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV