2. Great Basin Gold (GBG) engages in the acquisition, exploration, development and trial mining of precious metal deposits. The company is focused on developing Hollister gold project and Burnstone gold mine, both at the trial mining stage.
Net revenue for the first quarter of 2011 was Cdn$26.3 million, up 286% from Cdn$6.8 million in the year-ago quarter, riding on gold sales which tripled to 20,118 ounces. Loss for the period stood at Cdn$20.3 million or 5 cents per share, compared to a loss of Cdn$6 million or 2 cents per share in the first quarter of 2010.
During the quarter, the company closed an $86 million bought deal public offering, using the proceeds from this transaction for working capital purpose during the production build-up at the Burnstone Mine. The company has also closed a $70 million term loan facility and used the proceeds to settle Senior Secured Notes. Cash reserves were $68 million, as on March 31, 2011.All the six analysts covering the stock rate it a buy. The stock has no sell ratings. On average, analysts estimate 104% upside to $3.94 in value from current levels.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV