6. Gleacher & Company (GLCH) is an investment bank offering strategic financial advisory services to corporate and institutional clients.
Consolidated revenue for the first quarter of 2011 increased 19.4% to $94.7 million from $79.3 million in the year-earlier period, driven by fixed income revenue and revenue associated with the acquisition of ClearPoint. Non-GAAP adjusted income before tax stood at $9.9 million compared to $11.3 million in the first quarter of 2010. Cash and cash equivalents at the end of the March 2011 quarter stood at $34.8 million as opposed to $40 million at the end of Dec. 2010.
During the quarter, the company repurchased approximately 2.9 million shares of common stock under the previously announced share repurchase program. Gleacher has announced the launch of its residential mortgage banking initiative through its newly acquired subsidiary ClearPoint.Of the five analysts covering the stock, 40% recommend a buy, while the others advise a hold. On average, analysts estimate 56% upside to $3.17 in value from current levels.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV