8. Northgate Minerals (NXG) is a Canada-based gold and copper company with operations, development projects and exploration properties in Canada and Australia. The company is focused on the Kemess mine in British Columbia, Canada; Fosterville in Australia; Stawell in Australia; and Young-Davidson, located near the town of Kirkland Lake, Ontario.
Revenue for the first quarter of 2011 came in at $123 million, down 1.8% from $125.3 million in the first quarter of the prior year. Metal sales were 56,937 ounces of gold at a realized price of $1,386 per ounce, and 9 million pounds of copper at a realized price of $2.77 per pound. Adjusted net profit stood at $7.5 million or 2 cents per share, compared to $6.3 million or 2 cents per share.
Cash flow from operations was a strong $40.1 million or 14 cents per share. Subsequently, cash and cash equivalents stood at $308.1 million, while the company had a current ratio of 3.55Of the eight analysts covering the stock, 75% recommend a buy, while the remaining rate a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. On average, analysts estimate 49.2% upside to $4.28 in value from current levels.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV