NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- We have identified 10 stocks across such sectors as pharmaceuticals, consumer goods and mining that are trading under $3. These stocks, which have market capitalization of under $1 billion, have a potential upside in the range of 37% to 197% in the coming 12 months, based on analysts estimates polled by Bloomberg.
10. Jamba (JMBA), operating through its wholly owned subsidiary, Jamba Juice Company, owns and franchises Jamba Juice stores. Jamba Juice is a restaurant retailer of food and beverage offerings, including fruit smoothies, juices, teas, hot oatmeal made with organic steel cut oats, wraps, salads, sandwiches, and a variety of baked goods and snacks.
Net revenue for the first quarter of 2011 declined 17.7% to $66.2 million from $80.4 million in the year-ago quarter, impacted by the trade-off of company-owned store sales for royalties and franchise fees following its refranchising initiative. Non-GAAP revenue increased marginally to $60.9 million from $60.6 million.
Company-owned comparable store sales increased 2.2% from the prior year period. System-wide comparable store sales improved 3.1%, while franchise-operated comparable store sales were up 4.1%. Non-GAAP net loss stood at $5.4 million or 11 cents per share, compared to $6.4 million or 13 cents per share in the first quarter of 2010.Going forward, the company expects to deliver company-owned comparable store sales of 2% to 4% and realize adjusted operating profit margin of 18% to 20% during 2011. Jamba plans to develop 50 to 70 U.S. locations in traditional, non-traditional, and express franchise formats. Of the eight analysts covering the stock, 63% recommend a buy and 25% rate a hold. On average, analysts estimate 37.8% upside to $3.02 in value from current levels.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV