1. Patni Computers (PTI) is a provider of IT services from its globally integrated delivery centers in India and abroad.
Revenue during the first quarter of 2011 was $190 million, up 4% sequentially, and in line with analysts' estimate. Strong volume growth of 3.6% led to higher earnings in the quarter. Patni clinched four deals valued $30 million each during the quarter. The company has $379 million in cash. Lower general and administrative costs improved operating margin 16 basis points sequentially, although higher-than-expected tax expenses reduced profit.
Geographically, growth in Patni's Europe, Middle East and Africa markets topped at 33.6% followed by Asia-Pacific at 10.9%, while the Americas de-grow during the quarter. Patni's BPO posted a strong 7.6% quarter-over-quarter growth, while the media & utilities vertical was up 28.9% during the March quarter.Patni added 14 clients during the quarter, widening the active client list to 299. Higher dependence on the U.S. market and integration with iGate are key challenges, going forward. The stock is trading at 10.5 times its fiscal 2012 earnings, and is estimated to provide an upside of 20% over the next one year. >>To see these stocks in action, visit the 7 India Stocks With Upside portfolio on Stockpickr.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV