6. Sterlite Industries (SLT) is India's largest non-ferrous metals and mining company.
Results for the March quarter were impressive with net revenue up 39% from the year-ago quarter and net profit rising 39% year-over-year.
EBITDA increased 40% year-over-year and 55% sequentially. EBITDA contribution from Sterlite's copper segment was the highest sequentially, followed by its aluminum and zinc businesses.The company's expansion plans across its business verticals are on track. Subsidiary BALCO's 1,200 MW power plant will be commissioned early second half of fiscal 2012, an associated coalmine in Sept. 2011, and a lead smelter in 2012 first quarter. The company's international zinc business could boost profitability in 2012 and 2013. Strong volumes in its zinc, silver and power businesses could drive earnings in 2012 and 2013. The stock is expected to deliver an upside of 23% in the next one year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV