NEW YORK ( TheStreet) --- Patni Computers (PTI), ICICI Bank (IBN), HDFC Bank (HDB), iGate (IGTE), Dr. Reddy's Laboratories (RDY), Sterlite Industries (SLT) and Infosys Technologies (INFY) are stocks from India with 14% to 49% upside potential, based on analysts' average 12-month price targets. These stocks have a buy rating of 57%, as polled by Bloomberg.
7. Infosys Technologies (INFY) is a global technology services company offering products and end-to-end business solutions.
Revenue grew 1.1% quarter-over-quarter to $1,602 million in the March quarter, led by pricing increase of 2.5% and volume decline of 1.4%. Operating margin stood at 29%, narrowing 120 bps quarter-over-quarter. The company observed strong gross additions in terms of head count but utilization declined. Client additions stood at 34 during the March quarter.
Infosys' BFSI segment reported a flat quarter, while the telecom vertical was a laggard. The proportion of U.S. sales to total sales declined to 63.7% from 66.1% a year ago. However, India's sales outperformed to 2.7%, vs. 1.4% in the 2010 March quarter. Higher other income supported net income, which grew 2.1% sequentially.Infosys plans to hire 45,000 employees in fiscal 2012, with 26,000 on-campus recruitment. The growth outlook remains robust and management guided an 18% to 20% year-over-year revenue growth. The stock is estimated to deliver an upside of 14% in the next one year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV