NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The Federal Reserve is expected to complete its Treasury-buying program by the end of the second quarter. The quantitative-easing program, dubbed QE2, aimed to keep a bid under long-term Treasuries with the intent of keeping interest rates low and stimulating the economy.
The question TheStreet posed to executives this week is what impact the conclusion of QE2 will have on the economy and business.
|Symantec CFO James Beer|
Symantec (SYMC) CFO James Beer does not foresee any immediate upheaval following the end of QE2. "It's no secret that quantitative easing is going to be phased out," he told TheStreet, during an interview at the company's annual analyst meeting in New York this week. "I am comfortable that the market has started to already price that in.""I think that the impact will be gradual," he added. "We're comfortable, for our business, as we think about planning our business, [that] we will continue to be able to grow in the coming fiscal year." The software maker enjoyed good top-line numbers during its fiscal fourth quarter earlier this month, continuing its recent run of strong results. Symantec is also one of TheStreet's hot tech security stocks.
|Arvind Subramanian, CEO of Wolters Kluwer Health Clinical Solutions|
Swift Transportation (SWFT) CEO Jerry Moyes: "Slight increases in the interest rates aren't going to hurt us too badly. The main question is how is it going to affect the economy. I think we're going to have some pretty good momentum going into third and fourth quarter, so hopefully it will not have a major effect."
What are America's corporate leaders saying about the issues of the day? TheStreet's reporters, during the course of their weekly coverage, will pose a thematic question to the business executives they interview. Have a question you'd like to see TheStreet ask the CEOs? Send it to email@example.com. Follow TheStreet on Twitter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV