NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Rigel Pharmaceuticals (Nasdaq:RIGL) is trading at unusually high volume Thursday with 1.3 million shares changing hands. It is currently at 4.6 times its average daily volume and trading down 24 cents (-2.8%) at $8.25 as of 9:42 a.m. ET. Rigel has a market cap of $415.7 million and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. Rigel Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a clinical-stage drug development company, engages in the discovery and development of small-molecule drugs for the treatment of inflammatory/autoimmune diseases, as well as for certain cancers and metabolic diseases. TheStreet Ratings rates Rigel as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself and poor profit margins. You can view the full Rigel Ratings Report. See all heavy volume stocks in our stocks moving on unusual volume list or get investment ideas from our investment research center. Interested in other stocks that are falling on unusually high volume? Get free SMS text alerts sent to you when the action happens by texting HVDOWN to 95370 or select from multiple alert options.
Latest Headlines about RIGL
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV