Company Profile: Jack in the Box operates and franchises Jack in the Box and Qdoba Mexican Grill quick-service restaurants.
Share price return: 3.2% this year
Franchise locations: N/A
Revenue from franchises: Franchise-related revenue accounted for 36.4% of Jack in the Box's $505 million in total revenue last quarter. Franchise revenue totaled $62.5 million in the company's fiscal second quarter, while distribution sales to franchisees was $121.4 million. Company restaurant sales were $321.2 million in the fiscal second quarter.
Franchise costs: Jack in the Box franchisees pay an initial franchise fee of $50,000 per location, which carries a 20-year term. There is also a $25,000 area-development fee per location. The company charges a royalty fee of 5% of gross sales and a separate marketing fund contribution of 5% of gross sales.
Analyst view: Morgan Keegan is one of four research firms rating the stock "buy." Another nine say investors should hold shares, while two recommend selling.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV