California Pizza Kitchen agreed to be sold to Golden Gate Capital for about $470 million, according to May 25 reports.
The deal valued California Pizza Kitchen at $18.50, a premium of nearly 11% compared with the California Pizza's closing price of $16.71 the day before news of the deal was reported. California Pizza Kitchen, a casual-dining restaurant chain, operates around 250 stores in 32 states and a few foreign countries. The pizza chain last spring hired an investment bank to explore a potential sale.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV