By spinning off Post Foods, Ralcorp will concentrate on lower-priced non-branded foods while Post Foods will concentrate on braded cereals.
An unnamed source told Reuters that Ralcorp had already been considering the Post spinoff before being approached by ConAgra.Under the spinoff, Post will issue between $1.1 billion and $1.2 billion of debt with net cash proceeds of about $1 billion to Ralcorp. Ralcorp acquired Post from Kraft Foods (KFT) three years ago for $2.6 billion, including debt.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV