Another heavily-shorted REIT that should be on your short-squeeze radar is Realty Income (O), a $4.42 billion retail landlord that owns nearly 2,500 properties in 49 states. As a retail REIT, Realty Income came under significant fire during the height of the recession as investors worried about tenants' abilities to stay in business. But ultimately, Realty Income's performance send home the idea that this class of trusts is a way to get exposure to income -- not the real estate market.
With a 4.98% dividend yield, Realty Income is one of the most generous payers on this week's list. But a short ratio of 14.01 still suggests that it would take nearly three weeks of concentrated buying for short sellers to cover their positions.With an impressive balance sheet, a history of dividend hikes, and a historically conservative financial outlook, this stock should continue to be a strong option for dividend and short-squeeze seekers alike. To see these plays in action, check out the High Yield Short-Squeeze portfolio at Stockpickr. And to find short-squeeze plays of your own, be sure to check out the Stockpickr Answers community for insights and investment ideas. -- Written by Jonas Elmerraji in Baltimore.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV