Digital Realty Trust
Short-sellers of Digital Realty Trust (DLR) have been under pressure in 2011. The stock has moved more than 19% already this year, dividends notwithstanding. But those dividends are pretty significant, ringing in at a 4.43% yield given current prices.
DLR is a commercial real estate investment trust that invests in technology infrastructure, with 16.8 million square feet of Internet gateways, data centers, and other tech-centric properties. That niche exposure to the real estate market is particularly compelling because of the sheer demand that's being seen in the datacenter business right now. With enterprise IT requirements increasing and limited available facilities, DLR is well-poised to attract and hold on to attractive tenants with mitigated exposure to the ebb and flow of the real estate market itself.Because DLR undertakes very long-term triple-net leases, it's very well-insulated from variables that impact its ability to generate consistent profits. Balance sheet health is decent for DLR, and more important, cash-flow-generation abilities are more than adequate to cover debt obligations and dividend payouts. DLR's short ratio is 20.02.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV