Digital Realty Trust
Short-sellers of Digital Realty Trust (DLR) have been under pressure in 2011. The stock has moved more than 19% already this year, dividends notwithstanding. But those dividends are pretty significant, ringing in at a 4.43% yield given current prices.
DLR is a commercial real estate investment trust that invests in technology infrastructure, with 16.8 million square feet of Internet gateways, data centers, and other tech-centric properties. That niche exposure to the real estate market is particularly compelling because of the sheer demand that's being seen in the datacenter business right now. With enterprise IT requirements increasing and limited available facilities, DLR is well-poised to attract and hold on to attractive tenants with mitigated exposure to the ebb and flow of the real estate market itself.Because DLR undertakes very long-term triple-net leases, it's very well-insulated from variables that impact its ability to generate consistent profits. Balance sheet health is decent for DLR, and more important, cash-flow-generation abilities are more than adequate to cover debt obligations and dividend payouts. DLR's short ratio is 20.02.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV