Another high-yielding Canadian stock that's seeing excessive short attention is Shaw Communications (SJR), a diversified communications carrier that provides cable television, Internet, phone and satellite services to 3 million subscribers spread across both Canada and the U.S.
With a short interest ratio of 14.09, it would take nearly three full trading weeks for short sellers to unwind their positions in this firm.Shaw, one of the highest-yielding media stocks, is another strong contender for any dividend investor. The firm pays out income on a monthly basis and has already offered up a dividend hike this year, increasing its payout by 14% in March. Much of that growth can be attributed to investments that Shaw has made to build its infrastructure and increase the proportion of customers who pay for higher-margin services such as digital cable or bundled TV, Internet and phone service. For the future, the biggest catalyst for growth looks to be the mobile business, a new offering that management has long been in the process of bringing to market. With much of the infrastructure it needs in tow, including a wireless spectrum Shaw was able to acquire at a massive discount, and with solid balance sheet liquidity, expect shareholders to continue to cash in on dividend payouts for the foreseeable future.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV