NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Energy XXI (Bermuda) (EXXI), Eni (E), BP (BP), China Ming Yang Wind Power (MY), Sinopec (SNP), BreitBurn Energy Partners (BBEP), InterOil (IOC), TransAtlantic Petroleum (TAT), ReneSola (SOL) and Complete Production Services (CPX) are energy stocks with nearly 92% buy rating, as polled by Bloomberg.
Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley are bullish on crude oil prices and have raised their price forecast for the remainder of the year. Morgan Stanley has raised its Brent 2011 target by 20% to $120 a barrel, while Goldman expects crude to break out into record territory of above $130 a barrel. Recent Energy Department data indicate that U.S. crude inventories declined year-over-year to sustain the price momentum.
The Memorial Day weekend signals the start of the summer driving season and may sustain gasoline prices in the short term. At close Tuesday (May 24), WTI crude traded at $99.60 per barrel, while Brent crude settled at $111.10 per barrel.
Below are 10 energy stocks that received analysts' top buy rating. The stocks have 20% to 100% upside potential, based on analysts' average 12-month price targets. These stocks are expected to deliver an average 50% return over the next one year.
10. Eni (E) is an integrated energy company operating in the oil, natural gas and petrochemicals sectors with presence in 77 countries. Operating profit and net profit rose 18.4% and 21.6%, respectively, during the first quarter of 2011 from the year-earlier quarter. Oil and natural gas production declined 8.6% due to the shutdown of activities in Libya. Eni is expanding its presence in energy-rich countries like Venezuela and Iraq. The company has signed agreements for developing the Junin 5 oilfield and has discovered the maxi gas field Perla, offshore Venezuela. In Iraq, the company has secured the license to develop the giant Zubair oilfield. In addition, the company has oil assets in countries like Norwegia and Ghana. Eni is planning a capital expenditure of $19.5 billion for full year 2011. The stock is expected to gain 33% in the next one year and is trading at 7.7 times its estimated 2011 earnings. Analysts recommend a 60% buy rating on the stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV