NEW YORK (
On May 5,
The REIT booked net income of $699.9 million, or 92 cents per share, up from $281.1 million, or 50 cents per share, in the year-earlier period.
Adjusted for one-time items, Annaly's profit came to $530.6 million, or 70 cents per share, topping expectations for earnings of 59 cents per share.Annaly unloaded $4.2 billion of mortgage-backed securities and agency debentures in the recent quarter, resulting in a realized gain of $27.2 million. It also issued 72.5 million shares of common stock through two separate public offerings, producing aggregate net proceeds of $2.9 billion.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV