Networkfleet EPaper: “Don’t Sit Idle While Fuel Costs Rise”
With fuel prices spiking upward, fleet managers are rightly concerned about this major budget line item. A new ePaper from Networkfleet, Inc. titled “ Don’t Sit Idle While Fuel Costs Rise” provides details on how fleet management technology can hedge against rising fuel costs. Using GPS fleet tracking and engine diagnostic monitoring, fleet managers can implement more efficient routing, reduce speeding and reign in excessive idling, which can permanently lower fuel costs by as much as 20 percent.
Included in the Networkfleet ePaper are specific actions fleet managers can take to analyze fleet operations and reduce costs. Those that have implemented online fleet management systems report a quick ROI, due primarily to significant savings in fuel and other operating costs.
Fuel-saving features enabled by Web-based fleet management include:
- Alerts and reports for idling and speed violations
- Fuel card reports that track fuel transactions and identify unauthorized fuel purchases
- Fuel usage reports for detailed purchase and MPG monitoring
- Routing capabilities to dispatch drivers more efficiently and reduce overall driving distances
- Diagnostic tools to help keep engines in optimal condition and increase fuel performance
Several fleets are profiled in the ePaper, including the Eastern Municipal Water District (EMWD) of Riverside County, Calif., which reduced fuel costs by $79,000 in the first six months of using the Networkfleet GPS fleet management system.“We initially focused on drivers’ habits such as speed and idle time that have a huge impact on fuel usage,” said Mark Iverson, EMWD maintenance director. “However, we were also able to use the Networkfleet system to improve routing. By making more efficient use of our vehicles, we lowered the average number of miles driven per vehicle, further reducing our fuel expenses.”
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts