BOSTON (The Street Ratings) -- Even as Las Vegas builds up, American's gambling capital has lost out to Macau.
Macau, an autonomous territory facing the South China Sea, has become a major driver of revenue for many U.S.-based casino operators, which have wisely expanded overseas. Macau gaming revenue has set records each month, with April's $2.6 billion marking a 45% percent increase from a year earlier. Its casino revenue will probably grow 35% to about $32 billion this year, according to estimates by CLSA Asia Pacific Markets.
Las Vegas, while a more mature market, has been on the mend since the fallout from the recession. Visits to Las Vegas increased by 5.6% in March (helped by a 10% jump in convention attendance), with gaming revenue on the Las Vegas Strip up nearly 13% since last year. At the end of 2010, national accounting firm PricewaterhouseCoopers predicted that Las Vegas gaming revenue should return to pre-recession levels by 2014.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV