Updated with new information regarding Pacira Pharmaceuticals and clarified the regulatory status of Cell Therapeutics.
BOSTON ( TheStreet) -- The 2011 FDA drug approval calendar has been updated.
For easier reference, this regulatory calendar is organized in chronological order based on the drug approval decision date. Information on pending FDA advisory panels is also included.
Drug/indication: Dificid for Clostridium difficile infection
FDA approval decision date: May 30, 2011
Drug/indication: Potiga for partial seizures due to epilepsy
FDA approval decision date: June 14, 2011
Glaxo and Valeant submitted on April 15 a response to the FDA's complete response letter for Potiga which was delivered on Nov 30, 2010. Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY)
Drug/indication: belatacept for kidney transplant rejection
FDA approval decision date: June 15, 2011
FDA initially rejected belatacept in May 2010. Pfizer (PFE) and Acura Pharmaceuticals (ACUR)
Drug/indication: Acurox, an abuse-resistant, immediate-release opioid.
Drug/indication: VEGF Trap-Eye for wet age-related macular degeneration
FDA advisory meeting: June 17, 2011
Approval decision date: Aug. 20, 2011 Salix Pharmaceuticals (SLXP)
Drug/indication: Xifaxan for irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
FDA meeting: June 20, 2011
Xiafaxan is already approved for travelers' diarrhea and hepatic encephalopathy but FDA rejected the drug for IBS in March, requesting additional retreatment data. Salix is expected to update investors on the timeline for Xifaxan's IBS resubmission following the June 20 meeting with FDA. Fibrocell Science (FCSC.OB)
Drug/indication: laViv for treatment for nasolabial folds and wrinkles
Approval decision date: June 22, 2011 Pain Therapeutics (PTIE), Durect Corp. (DRRX) and Pfizer (PFE)
Drug/indication:: Remoxy, an abuse-resistant opioid for moderate to severe pain.
Approval decision date: June 23, 2011
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV