Analysts at Citigroup lifted their price target on PepsiCo shares to $73, from $69, citing positive meetings with management. The firm maintained a hold rating on the stock.
In late April PepsiCo beat profit expectations Thursday and reaffirmed its outlook despite what it called "high global commodity cost inflation."
Morgan Stanley analysts initiated coverage of Arcos Dorados, which began trading publicly on the New York Stock Exchange in April, with an overweight rating and $26 price target. The analysts said Arcos Dorados is operating in an attractive and underpenetrated region. Arcos Dorados is McDonald's (MCD) South American franchisee, the burger chain's largest franchisee by sales and number of locations. As of the end of 2010 it operated 1,755 restaurants in 19 countries, including in its native Argentina, Mexico and Brazil. Its initial public offering of 73.5 million shares was priced at $17 each, above the $13 to $15 originally anticipated, valuing the company at around $1.25 billion. Campbell Soup (CPB) shares were upgraded to neutral, from underperform, by analysts at Credit Suisse, and the company's price target was lifted by $3 to $35. The firm noted that management's comments eased concerns about competitive intensity.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV