Graham, who called Microsoft "dead" back in 2007, criticized Microsoft's approach to the Skype acquisition as "out of control" and said the company should be looking for good value not big deals.
"I don't know what they are doing" with the purchase of Skype, Graham said.
In a revealing discussion at TechCrunch Disrupt 2011 in New York Tuesday, Graham spoke clearly about his portfolio of small companies like Loopt and Dropbox but offered no view on Cisco (CSCO), Facebook or where social media was going, telling interviewer Charlie Rose that he's been too focused on small, new companies.On the questions around a possible tech bubble, Graham urged caution on the use of the term "bubble" but noted prices are high and that companies should raise money now before it goes away. Graham expects this wave of cash infusion will fade due to either China's economy dropping off or any number of other reasons. On the overall venture capital landscape, Graham sees it shrinking, likening it to trash compactor with the "bad ones" dying off.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV