MIAMI BEACH, Fla., May 24, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Benefiting from recent investments in production and enormous demand for its products, Divine Skin Inc. (DSKX), just reported another record quarter. The leading developer of topical biotechnology for hair growth posted Q1 sales of $2.25 million, up 126 percent over Q1 of 2010. It was the fastest growth since the company went public just over a year ago.
"Although Q1 delivered a stellar number — made possible by numerous improvements in logistics and fulfillment — we are not yet satisfied and certainly not resting on our accomplishments," said CEO Daniel Khesin. "Divine Skin can grow even faster, and coming quarters will be proof of that."
The company's best-selling shampoo and hair-growth treatments target androgenic alopecia, the most common type of hair loss, which afflicts almost 50 percent of white men over age 40.
"We have just scratched the surface of this enormous market; the potential is endless. With the four new distribution agreements just announced, I have no doubt that shareholders will be enormously satisfied for many years to come."Khesin was referring to new agreements to sell the DS Laboratories line via four major distributors that supply 27,000 salons and beauty professionals around the United States:
- Salon Services & Supplies, near Seattle, sells to 10,000 salons in Oregon, Idaho, Washington, and Utah.
- Sweis, in Torrance, Calif., works with 7,000 salons and licensed professionals around Southern California and Las Vegas.
- The Salon Center, of Birmingham, Ala., serves 7,000 salons in Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Louisiana, and Mississippi.
- Salon Only Sales, in River Falls, Wis., serves 3,000 salons in Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Iowa.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV