Android outmuscling Apple's iPhone story updated with two new phones
In fact, by the time the minimally-upgraded iPhone 5 arrives in September (presumably), there will be at least a dozen beefy Androids available at Verizon (VZ), AT&T (T), Deutsche Telekom's (DT) T-Mobile and Sprint (S).
One of the reasons Apple shares have gone nowhere this year is because the company has not given its fans what they want -- another blockbuster iPhone.That moment won't come until next year, when Apple delivers a souped-up 4G LTE iPhone. Until then, Apple is expected to offer a refreshed iPhone this fall, with a new dual-core processor and a better camera. But this won't placate the worriers who see Apple falling behind in the superphone race. Rivals like Motorola (MMI), Samsung, HTC and LG are turning out super-charged, ultrathin Androids with bigger, more vivid screens, better cameras, fast dual core processors and super speedy 4G LTE connections. The technical advances of Android phones aren't exactly making Apple look cool this summer. "The processor and display quality improvement in the Android camp is proceeding at such a clip that Apple will be under a lot of pressure to deliver a substantial jump in iPhone specs next autumn," said MKM Partners' analyst Tero Kuittinen. "It's not clear how Apple can battle the rapid Android evolution unless it picks up the pace of its iPhone launches." Read on for a daunting dozen Android phones that are dwarfing the iPhone.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV