"I think that this is an industry that treasures new things; there's almost a natural tendency to devalue companies that have a history," said Charles King, president of research firm Pund-IT. "And in the IT world, there's no other company around that has the history of IBM."
|IBM may not be tech's sexiest company, but investors should still check out the hardware and software giant.|
From its early years selling tabulating machines, Big Blue has morphed into a 21st century powerhouse touting a vast range of tech products from mainframes and servers to a growing portfolio of software and services. Based on Monday's close, IBM has now even surpassed Microsoft's (MSFT) market cap for the first time in 15 years, highlighting its ongoing momentum.
"Large cap investors have fewer and fewer places to go;
(HPQ), and Microsoft are on their backs, while others that are doing well have sky-high valuations such as
(VMW)," added another analyst, who asked not to be named. "That leaves a precious few in the middle
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV