Stocks Tumble on Eurozone Debt Woes
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) - Stocks sank more than 1% Monday as heightened concerns about the eurozone's debt crisis curbed investors' appetite for risk.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average shed 131 points, or 1.1%, to close at 12,381, after trading as low as 12,331 earlier in the session. The S&P 500 fell 16 points, or 1.1%, to close at 1317, and the Nasdaq Composite plunged 44 points, or 1.6%, at 2758.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV