BASKING RIDGE, N.J., and SUNNYVALE, Calif., May 23, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Verizon Wireless and TeleNav, Inc. (NASDAQ: TNAV) today announced the availability of TeleNav Asset Tracker. The product provides enterprise customers, utilizing location-based services (LBS) enabled wireless devices, with near real-time location information, as well as critical activity alerts, for cargo, delivery trucks or other mobile assets.
TeleNav Asset Tracker relies on the Verizon Wireless data network to enable machine-to-machine (M2M) data transfer between the company's portable monitoring devices and TeleNav's servers, making the data available to organizations via a secure, Web-based portal. With devices in place inside shipments or on mobile assets, management is able to use TeleNav's portal to monitor the location of assets and manage device properties, such as enabling activity alerts.
TeleNav Asset Tracker also provides management with full-featured dynamic maps offering street and satellite views for easy identification of an asset's location. Real-time alerts can be configured to send notifications when an asset enters or leaves a predetermined geo-fenced area, stops for an extended period of time or if there is a loss of communication with the tracking device.
Organizations can use this real-time location information to enhance supply chain and logistics operations by:
- Monitoring the status of high-value shipments in transit between warehouses and delivery sites
- Triggering specific activities, such as loading dock preparation, when cargo enters pre-determined areas to improve supply chain efficiency
- Reducing theft and vandalism and increasing asset recovery by triggering automatic alerts when cargo moves locations
- Providing security for trucks and loads traveling in remote locations or in extreme conditions
- Accessing detailed historical data on the transit of cargo to support customer reporting requirements