BASKING RIDGE, N.J., and SUNNYVALE, Calif., May 23, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Verizon Wireless and TeleNav, Inc. (NASDAQ: TNAV) today announced the availability of TeleNav Asset Tracker. The product provides enterprise customers, utilizing location-based services (LBS) enabled wireless devices, with near real-time location information, as well as critical activity alerts, for cargo, delivery trucks or other mobile assets.
TeleNav Asset Tracker relies on the Verizon Wireless data network to enable machine-to-machine (M2M) data transfer between the company's portable monitoring devices and TeleNav's servers, making the data available to organizations via a secure, Web-based portal. With devices in place inside shipments or on mobile assets, management is able to use TeleNav's portal to monitor the location of assets and manage device properties, such as enabling activity alerts.
TeleNav Asset Tracker also provides management with full-featured dynamic maps offering street and satellite views for easy identification of an asset's location. Real-time alerts can be configured to send notifications when an asset enters or leaves a predetermined geo-fenced area, stops for an extended period of time or if there is a loss of communication with the tracking device.
Organizations can use this real-time location information to enhance supply chain and logistics operations by:
- Monitoring the status of high-value shipments in transit between warehouses and delivery sites
- Triggering specific activities, such as loading dock preparation, when cargo enters pre-determined areas to improve supply chain efficiency
- Reducing theft and vandalism and increasing asset recovery by triggering automatic alerts when cargo moves locations
- Providing security for trucks and loads traveling in remote locations or in extreme conditions
- Accessing detailed historical data on the transit of cargo to support customer reporting requirements
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV