NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Welcome to Don Dion's Daily ETF Winners and Losers. Be sure to stop by each day to get a feel of who's winning and who's losing when it comes to ETFs.
iPath Dow Jones UBS Sugar Subindex Total Return ETN (SGG) 2.6%
The sugar futures-linked SGG is gaining ground today, continuing along the upward path since last week.
SGG has been known for its heavy back-and-forth action. Investors looking for a more stable play on the agriculture industry should opt for a diversified fund like Market Vectors Agribusiness ETF (MOO).United States Natural Gas Fund 3.1% Both UNG and the futures-based iPath Dow Jones UBS Natural Gas Subindex Total Return ETN (GAZ) are rebounding. GAZ continues to be heavily influenced by its premium. Although UNG has managed to recover all of the ground it lost during Thursday's sell off, the ETN is still struggling to regain this level.
LosersiShares MSCI Spain Index Fund (EWP) -2.8% An array of Europe-focused ETFs are heading lower today as investors are reminded of the looming debt crisis facing members of the euro bloc. Spain is among the hardest hit, weighed down by weakness from its top holding, Banco Santandar (STD), which accounts for over 20% of EWP's index. PowerShares Dynamic Retail Portfolio (PMR) -2.1% A weak earnings showing from Gap (GPS) sent shares of the retailer tumbling over 15% during early afternoon trading and sent the PowerShares retail ETF, which dedicates nearly 5% of its portfolio to the firm, to new May lows. Market Vectors Solar ETF (KWT) -2.0% Despite strong profits, shares of Yingli Green Energy (YGE) are taking a heavy shot across the bow, pressuring solar ETFs such as KWT and Guggenheim Solar ETF (TAN). The China-based firm accounts for 4.5% of KWT and 3.7% of TAN. Friday marks YGE's sixth consecutive day of steep losses. The firm is now trading at levels not seen since June, 2010.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV