NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- These eight stocks from the electric utility sector have dividend yield in the range of 2.8% to 5.7%, with a minimum market capitalization of $2.8 billion.
Based on latest quarterly results reported, attractive dividend yields and strong industry fundamentals, these stocks have upside potential of 2% to 29%.
The average buy recommendation on the stock is at 44%, while average hold rating stands at 55%, based on analysts' consensus estimates polled by Bloomberg.
8. Alliant Energy (LNT), operates as a regulated investor-owned public utility holding company. The company provides regulated electricity and natural gas service to approximately one million electric customers and approximately 412,000 natural gas customers in the Midwest through its two public utility subsidiaries.Currently, the company has a dividend yield of 4.14%. For the first quarter of 2011, the company declared a dividend of 42.5 cents as compared to 39.5 cents in the first quarter of 2010. For first quarter of 2011, common stock dividends totaled $47.1 million as compared to $43.6 million in year-ago quarter. For first quarter of 2011, the company recorded net income of $73.5 million as compared to $43.4 million in the same quarter a year ago. Additionally, revenues for the quarter increased to $945 million from $890.2 million in the year-ago quarter. Looking ahead to 2011, the company raised its estimated earnings per share guidance to be in the range of $2.75 to $3.00 as compared to earlier range of $2.70 to $3.00. Of the 10 analysts covering the stock, 50% recommend a buy while the remaining rate a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. Data from Bloomberg has analysts forecasting the stock gaining 1.9% to $41.4 in the upcoming 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV