NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The ex-dividend date for Gildan Activewear (NYSE:GIL) is Monday, May 23, 2011. Owners of shares as of market close today will be eligible for a dividend of 7 cents per share. At a price of $35.94 as of 9:31 a.m. ET, the dividend yield is 0.8%. The average volume for Gildan Activewear has been 445,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Gildan Activewear has a market cap of $4.4 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer non-durables industry. Shares are up 27.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Gildan Activewear Inc. manufactures and sells T-shirts, activewear, underwear, and socks to wholesale screen printers, embroiderers, and retailers in North America, Europe, and internationally. It sells T-shirts, fleece, and sport shirts under the Gildan brand name. The company has a P/E ratio of 20.1, equal to the average consumer non-durables industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7.
- Practice your dividend trading strategies and win cash in our stock game.
Latest Headlines about GIL
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV