NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- With investor interest devoted to the huge LinkedIn (LNKD) IPO Thursday, there wasn't the usual love for Intuit (INTU), the tax prep and financial software provider that posted solid third-quarter numbers after the bell.
Although the company grew its profit and sales by 20% and 15% respectively -- tax season is historically Intuit's strongest season -- Intuit's shares dipped more than 3% in the after-hours session Thursday and opened down 2% Friday, due to the company's conservative fourth-quarter guidance.
|Intuit CEO Brad Smith|
Intuit said it expects revenue of $567 million to $587 million, while most analysts want to see $587.2 million.
"This was a very difficult year for analysts to be able to
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV