There are a few ways that ETF investors can mimic Buffett's first-quarter investing decisions. Currently, the iShares Dow Jones U.S. Financial Services Index Fund (IYG) is likely the best bet for those looking to tap into the credit card industry.
Together, Mastercard, American Express, and Visa (V) account for less than 10% of the fund's index. The fund also provides exposure to a number of other financial institutions Buffett has previously expressed interest in. Wells Fargo (WFC), Bank of New York Mellon (BK) and M&T Bank (MTB) can be found listed among the fund's holdings.
While IYG may prove attractive for those looking to gain direct access to Buffett's credit card plays, fans of the investor can also follow his recent actions by homing in on the broader consumer.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV