Today, LinkedIn Corporation, the world's largest professional network with more than 100 million members worldwide, opened for trading on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol “LNKD” after its initial public offering in which it raised $352.8 million in gross proceeds. LinkedIn CEO Jeff Weiner, joined by members of the company’s management team, celebrated the company’s first day of trading on the NYSE by ringing The Opening Bell SM.
“LinkedIn is an excellent platform for connecting individuals professionally and fostering new business relationships across the globe,” said Duncan Niederauer, CEO, NYSE Euronext. “We are thrilled to welcome LinkedIn to our growing community of technology-based listed companies, and we look forward to a successful, lasting partnership with the company and its shareholders.”
“Becoming a publicly traded company on the NYSE is another significant step toward LinkedIn’s goal of connecting the world’s professionals to make them more productive and successful,” said Jeff Weiner, LinkedIn CEO.
NYSE Euronext markets list 603 technology, media and telecom (TMT) companies with a total combined market capitalization of $4.268 trillion (as of April 30, 2011). Several recent notable TMT listings include: Sequans Communications (SQNS), Demand Media (DMD); NeoPhotonics (NPTN); IMAX (IMAX); Youku.com Inc. (YOKU); MagnaChip Semiconductor (MX) and Qihoo 360 Technology (QIHU), with several more soon to list including SuccessFactors (SFSF), Freescale Semiconductor (FSL), Pandora (P), 3D Systems Corporation (DDD) and Active Network (ACTV).As of April 30, 2011, NYSE Euronext leads the U.S. market for Initial Public Offerings (IPOs) and new listings both in total capital raised as well as number of transactions for 2011, with $18.52 billion in IPO proceeds raised on the New York Stock Exchange through a total of 33 IPOS (including funds).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV