4. Flushing Financial Corp.
Shares of Flushing Financial Corp. (FFIC) of Lake Success, N.Y., closed at $13.63 Monday, down slightly from a year earlier. Based on a quarterly payout of 13 cents, the shares have a dividend yield of 3.82%.
The company had $4.3 billion in total assets as of March 31, with 16 branches in Queens, Brooklyn and Manhattan, as well as in Nassau County, in New York.First-quarter net income was $8 million, or 26 cents a share, essentially unchanged from a year earlier. During the first quarter, a $3.6 million impairment charge on a private label collateralized mortgage obligation was offset by an 11% year-over-year increase in net interest income, to $37.2 million. The net interest margin expanded to 3.62% during the first quarter from 3.39% a year earlier, "primarily due to a reduction in the cost of funds." The first-quarter ROA was 0.74%. After the first-quarter earnings announcement, David Darst of Guggenheim Securities reiterated his "buy" rating on Flushing Financial with a $17 price target, despite lowering is 2011 EPS estimate by 4 cents to $1.26, in order to reflect the first-quarter results. The analyst maintained his 2012 earnings estimate of $1.45 and said his price target anticipated "earnings power improvement" from net interest margin expansion and growth, along with improving credit trends. The shares trade for 10 times the consensus 2012 earnings estimate of $1.38 a share. Four out of six analysts covering Flushing Financial rate the shares a buy, while the remaining analysts have neutral ratings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV