1. Archer Daniels Midland (ADM) is principally engaged in procuring, transporting, storing, processing, and merchandising agricultural commodities and products. It is a processor of oilseeds, corn, wheat, cocoa, and other agricultural commodities and is a manufacturer of vegetable oil and protein meal, corn sweeteners, flour, biodiesel, ethanol, and other food and feed ingredients.
During the latest third quarter ended March 2011, the company reported earnings of $578 million, or 86 cents per share, compared to $421 million, or 65 cents per share in the year-ago quarter. Revenue for the period soared 32.6%, to $20 billion, as total processed volumes increased 4%, to 15 million tons, from 14.5 million tons in the third quarter of 2010.
The company recently declared a cash dividend of 16 cents per share payable on June 9, 2011 to stockholders of record on May 19, 2011. This is ADM's 318th consecutive quarterly payment, a record of 79 years of uninterrupted dividends.Of the 14 analysts covering the stock, 57% recommend it as a buy, while 36% rate it a hold. On average, analysts estimate an upside of 28.3%, to $40.75 from current levels. >>To see these stocks in action, visit the 8 Agriculture Stocks With Upside portfolio on Stockpickr.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV