1. Archer Daniels Midland (ADM) is principally engaged in procuring, transporting, storing, processing, and merchandising agricultural commodities and products. It is a processor of oilseeds, corn, wheat, cocoa, and other agricultural commodities and is a manufacturer of vegetable oil and protein meal, corn sweeteners, flour, biodiesel, ethanol, and other food and feed ingredients.
During the latest third quarter ended March 2011, the company reported earnings of $578 million, or 86 cents per share, compared to $421 million, or 65 cents per share in the year-ago quarter. Revenue for the period soared 32.6%, to $20 billion, as total processed volumes increased 4%, to 15 million tons, from 14.5 million tons in the third quarter of 2010.
The company recently declared a cash dividend of 16 cents per share payable on June 9, 2011 to stockholders of record on May 19, 2011. This is ADM's 318th consecutive quarterly payment, a record of 79 years of uninterrupted dividends.Of the 14 analysts covering the stock, 57% recommend it as a buy, while 36% rate it a hold. On average, analysts estimate an upside of 28.3%, to $40.75 from current levels. >>To see these stocks in action, visit the 8 Agriculture Stocks With Upside portfolio on Stockpickr.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV