2. Agrium (AGU) is a global producer and marketer of agricultural products. It operates through its three business units: Retail, wholesale and advanced technologies. It sells crop nutrients, crop protection products, seed and services.
During the first quarter of 2011, revenue surged 60% to $3 billion from $1.8 billion, driven by higher revenue across its segments. Retail revenue soared 72% largely due to the combination of the inclusion of the Australian Landmark retail operations, as well as higher crop input volumes and prices. On the other hand, wholesale revenue grew 45%, owing to strong agricultural fundamentals. Lastly, the company swung to a net income of $171 million, or $1.09 per share, as against a loss of $1 million, or 1-cent per share in the year-ago quarter.
The company recently declared a dividend of $0.055 per common share to be paid on July 7, 2011 to shareholders of record on June 16, 2011.Of the 26 analysts covering the stock, 69% recommend it as a buy, while 27% rate it a hold. On average, analysts estimate 28.1% upside to $104.93 in value from current levels.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV